Trowel Applied Polyurethane Flooring
Trowel applied polyurethane heavy duty flooring
Trowel applied polyurethane flooring is a heavy duty flooring system, suitable for use on concrete, polymer modified cementitious screeds and 25mm WBP plywood*.
Specifying heavy duty flooring
Providing exceptional durability, PU heavy duty flooring is impact, abrasion and chemical resistant, making it an ideal specification for environments such as pharmaceutical, chemical industries and food and beverage production.
Polyurethane is used frequently in the dairy industry as, unlike Epoxy, it is resistant to lactic acid produced by milk, dairy and cheese.
FeRFA – The Resin Flooring Association – classify heavy duty polyurethane as a ‘Type 8’ heavy duty resin flooring, suitable for severe heavily loaded traffic and impact.
Lightly textured and installed as a seamless matt surface, heavy duty PU flooring can be installed between 6-9mm in thickness. When installed at 9mm, the systems are resistant to spillages and discharges up to 120°C.
*Consult The National Flooring Company for further guidance.
Polyurethane Heavy Duty Flooring
- Extremely hardwearing textured finish suitable for heavy duty areas
- High resistance to physical and chemical attack. Compatible for use with solvents
- High resistance to temperatures of up to 120°C
- Good abrasion resistance and provides longevity in tough environments
- Totally seamless finishes that can be steam cleaned (when installed at 8mm)
- Exceptionally hygienic and easy to clean
Typical installation areas
Polyurethane heavy duty flooring is suitable for:
- Food processing areas
- Bakeries, dairies and meat processing plants
- Chemical processing plants